Youth Director (part-time) at the New Cumberland First Church of God
Responsibilities include planning, recruiting & leading volunteer youth leaders, leading the senior youth group and the youth Sunday school class. This position reports directly to the pastor, and is an ex-officio member of the Christian Education Commission and is accountable to the administrative council. Approximate weekly time commitment of 10 hours.
Should exhibit the following characteristics:
- A commitment to Jesus Christ and a lifestyle that shows it.
- Become part of our church and community by getting involved in other ministries.
- Be a student of the Bible, and committed to prayer.
- Place high value on the peace and the unity of the church.
- Agree with basic Church of God doctrine.
- Must have good communication skills and habits.
- Should have weekly youth group gatherings, and arrange coverage when not available.
- Should provide copies of schedules to youth/families a minimum of 1 month in advance.
- Should be organized, reliable and keep/submit financial statements and receipts.
- Attend monthly commission meetings or provide a report to commission in advance.
Leading Sunday School & Youth Group:
- Should arrive early and prepared.
- Be creative using materials designed for youth, include prayer, music, skits, games, etc…
- Foster a team environment, respecting each person’s unique skill set and gifting.
- Develop methods/events to attract & invite new students.
Lead & Develop Volunteers and Student Leaders:
- Recruit adult volunteers. Ensure volunteers (18 and older) are Safe Sanctuary cleared.
- Encourage students to take leadership roles when possible.
- Consider attending seminars & training individually and as a team.
- Maintain a Christ honoring presence with students using technology/social-media.